Hey Everybody!
Well, the first three days have been pretty crazy. Wednesday evening, after we arrived from the airport, we got hit with a flood of orientation sessions! I heard so much information there's no way I can remember it all... which is not necessarily a good thing cause it was all pretty important information! Later that night we went on a tour of the Jerusalem Center and it is without a doubt the most beautiful building I have ever seen in my life! They say that it costs more than any of the temples that the church has built, and I believe it! Everything is built out of limestone so the whole building is white. All the furnishings and decorations are in teakwood, which is absolutely georgeous! Brother Brown (he is our program leader here) compared staying here to living in a five star hotel, and he is absolutely right! My room has it's own balcony that looks right over the Kidron valley into the Old City where the Dome of the Rock stands on the old temple mount!
Thursday morning they took us on a tour around the city, so we could learn where all the important locations, like the moneychangers, the post office, the best falafel shop :-) etc. are in the town...
Yikes! I just looked at the time and its already almost 11:30! I've been in bed by this time EVERY night since getting here! Aren't you proud of me! I haven't gotten less than 6 1/2 or 7 hours of sleep since I got here, and it's been glorious! I want to keep that trend up so I'm actually going to finish this blog tomorrow. Sorry! But I'll write again soon :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment